Engage, Excite, Entertain.
Events DC is the face of conventions, sports, entertainment and cultural events within our nation’s capital. As the official convention and sports authority for the District of Columbia, Events DC leverages the beauty, history and diversity of the most powerful city in the world to attract and promote an extensive variety of events, resulting in amazing experiences for residents and visitors alike, and generating economic and community benefits for the city. Our success comes by focusing on divisions that reflect three lines of business: Conventions and Meetings, Sports and Entertainment, and Special Events, where we make a range of strategic investments in the region’s marquee sports, entertainment and cultural properties. Each division is driven by the desire to bring stellar events to Washington, DC by providing superior customer service to our clients and visitors.
The Financial Systems Administrator has full responsibility for the servers which host the Events DC Financial Management System (FMS), Budget Management System (BMS) and the interface to the off-site hosted Procurement Management System (PMS). The incumbent designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains hardware, software, and services pertaining to the servers hosting these systems. The Financial Systems Administrator will perform with minimal supervision under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer within the Technology Management Division (TMD) of Events DC.
EXAMPLES OF WORK ASSIGNED
• Designs, specifies, configures, installs and maintains hardware, software, and services pertaining to the servers hosting financial management systems. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security and backup of these systems.
• Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories and security; develops and communicates standards for use, operations, and security of networks, as it pertains to FMS, BMS and PMS.
• Ensures that patches, system updates, OS versions, etc., are kept up-to-date.
• Trains users on software and equipment usage. Responds to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network. Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems.
• Adds and deletes FMS and BMS users and maintains security and passwords.
• Runs batch processes and assists users in running online-batch processes.
• Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures. Ensures that FMS and BMS data is backed-up in accordance with established TMD procedures.
• Resolves issues and provides remedies to any FMS and BMS malfunctions. Works with the vendor to resolve advanced problems. • Collects and analyzes network and memory utilization.
• Develops system scripts and Crystal Reports as necessary.
• Develops program support of FMS and BMS. Documents and updates financial system policies/procedures.
• Assists the Information Systems Specialists in resolving advanced technical issues with financial system administration. Backs-up the Help Desk as required.
• Installs and tests FMS, BMS and PMS software upgrades.
• Acts as liaison to the Financial Management Division during annual DC Financial Systems Audit.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge and background regarding the operations of FMS, BMS, and the windows-based interface between FMS and PMS. Specific knowledge of the Mitchell-Humphrey FMS and the Questica Budget Management System helpful.
• Thorough understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012 systems operations concepts necessary to initiate, a full system recovery following a system failure.
• Thorough understanding of server and database backup and recovery processes.
• Thorough understanding of server system operations parameters that affect FMS and BMS system performance.
• Extensive knowledge and background regarding the operations of Microsoft SQL 2016.
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical users in conducting the operation of complex systems.
• Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to manage own time and resources to deliver results on schedule with minimum supervision.
• Ability to troubleshoot software and hardware problems and initiate timely corrective action.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
CORE COMPETENCIES (SPECIALIST STAFF)
• Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
• Strategic Thinking
• Project Management
• Problem Solving
• Attention to Detail
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with substantial computer science or information systems course work -OR-
• Five (5) years of professional experience performing server and system administration duties
• Technical experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
• Technical experience with Windows Server 2008/2012.
• Crystal Reports writing experience helpful.
• All positions require candidates to successfully complete our background screening process.
In an effort to protect our environment from paper waste all candidates must apply on-line on our website: http://careers.wcsa.com/employment/application.aspx