Assistant Director of Engineering
Company: The Line DC
Date Posted: 06/28/2017
Location: Washington, D.C.
We are currently seeking an experienced hotel Assistant Executive Engineer. The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be hospitality oriented and be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. This position requires a mechanical background in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. The candidate must have job related experience with all other building trades such as: plumbing, carpentry, painting, and an understanding of the coordination of work duties among the trades. Due to the cyclical nature of the hotel business the individual must be able to work weekends, nights and flexible hours. Must be able to supervise engineer associates. Previous experience in Hotels is required.
- Perform maintenance and repairs in specialized areas such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC.
- Perform all essential functions of a Maintenance Technician 1 and 2.
- Respond to and handle guest requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and necessary repairs and all hotel equipment, including kitchen, laundry, boiler, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and guest rooms.
- Monitor and maintain all engineering functions when full engineering staff is not available (i.e. weekends and evenings). Respond to all emergency situations including fire alarms, bomb threats, disasters and power failures; notify the appropriate authorities.
- Execute all Emergency Programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspections and drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations.
- Make rounds of the hotel property to ensure everything is in working order.
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, test and certified per property standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Clean and maintain all equipment and work areas. Complete maintenance requests, take equipment and meter readings and maintain log to notify the next shift.
- Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Handle elevator breakdowns.
- Maintain proper records of the Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program and the Request Program.
- Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely basis.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Report any unsafe conditions to leadership.
- Assist with maintenance of parking lot and snow removal as needed.
- Runs errands as needed, driving own or company vehicle, in order to drop off and pick up supplies, equipment and furnishings.
- Provide assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
- One to six maintenance engineers
- High school diploma, plus two years or its equivalent in trade school or training in building maintenance/construction
- Minimum four years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry or building maintenance.
- Hotel experience required.
Qualified candidates should submit the following information to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current updated resume
- Please include position being applied for in the subject line.
- No phone calls please