Company: The Line DC
Date Posted: 06/28/2017
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Banquet Server is the guest’s go-to person for all their event’s needs, so it’s your goal to make sure it is a positive and helpful experience- every time. A Banquet Sever must have an approachable, professional, and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding service to our guests. Each guest that attends a private event at The LINE DC will be welcomed and acknowledged in a way that aligns with our culture of best in class service, and you will ensure that our standards are met and maintained at all times. With a combination of passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, you have the ability to make the guest’s experience more than memorable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet every guest with a smile and maintain eye contact.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to the proper dress code when working.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Set up tables, serve food and beverages to guests, courteously and efficiently.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet work area and equipment.
- Attend all pre-function meetings required to ensure events flow smoothly.
- Service all aspects of the banquet operation in accordance with all departmental and hotel standards.
- Take ownership of all service issues brought to your attention by guests.
- Read and execute specifications listed in the Banquet Event Order.
- Understand all fire/safety procedures and provide necessary assistance to guests and employees in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested.
- Perform any other duty or function that may be required- there’s no such thing as “that’s not my job” here.
KNOWLEDGE, REQUIREMENTS, AND SKILLS:
Schedule- Must be available for a flexible schedule including AM, PM and Mid Shifts, Weekends and Holidays.
Education: High-School Graduate or GED. College education preferred
Experience and Skills:
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previous customer service, hotel, and/or related experience helpful.
- Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to handle a large volume of guest interactions in an efficient and courteous manner;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and the Internet
- Works well under pressure, requires being a team player.