Conference Service Manager
Company: The Line DC
Date Posted: 06/28/2017
Location: Washington, D.C.
As a Convention Services Manager, you will fill a pivotal role in the events department. You will work closely with the Sales, Catering and Banquet teams to plan, detail, coordinate, and implement special events and other meetings, conferences, and special projects. Responsible for overseeing the terms of sales letter contract and guiding meeting planners through the planning process. You will communicate the needs and expectations of the client with all departments in the hotel to ensure successful execution of the event and guarantee client satisfaction.
- Negotiate with clients through the use of creative and attractive menu presentations and event proposals, to achieve both maximum revenue/profit potential and fulfillment of contractual responsibilities while satisfying client needs.
- Coordinate with the Sales Department and Catering to ensure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when necessary head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Planning Visits, and Menu Tastings.
- Comply with The Line Hotel standards for conference services, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on the property and keep Director of Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities, and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Comply with The Line Hotel Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in The Guide Line
- Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales, marketing, and catering department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Assist Sales and Catering departments as required, particularly during large group movements.
- Mentor and develop Administrative staff for future career growth.
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc)
- Provide input for the weekly forecast
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 2 to 3 years experience directly related to hotel conference services.
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
Good organizational skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to multitask
High level of creativity
Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, and evenings.
Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure
Basic knowledge of audio-visual equipment and Internet technology – helpful.