Front Desk Agent
Company: The Line DC
Date Posted: 06/28/2017
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Guest Service Agent is the guest’s go-to person for all their needs, so it’s your goal to make sure it is a positive and helpful experience- every time. A Guest Service Agent must have an approachable, professional, and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding service to our guests. Each guest that walks into The LINE DC will be welcomed and acknowledged in a way that aligns with our culture of best in class service, and you will ensure that our standards are met and maintained at all times. With a combination of passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, you have the ability to make the guest’s experience more than memorable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet every guest with a smile and maintain eye contact.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes adhering to the proper dress code when working.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Handle all aspects of guest check-ins and guest check-outs as defined by the property standards.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, transfer calls to the appropriate department or transmit messages.
- Responsible for cash handling, posting charges to guestrooms, verifying credit cards
- and balancing bank at the end of the shift.
- Take, confirm or change reservations as needed within guidelines established by the
- property management.
- Be available and ready to assist guests with their needs- including, but not limited to: information about the property, assistance with luggage or other personal effects, assistance with directions, restaurant recommendations, sightseeing, local event recommendations, and transportation needs
- Promote and sell/upsell hotel services and amenities.
- Take ownership of all service issues brought to your attention by guests.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all incoming packages.
- Always use proper two-way radio etiquette while communicating with other employees.
- Must complete shift reports including call-around, bucket checks, folio balances, etc.
- Maintain proper operation of all aspects of our Property Management System.
- Understand all fire/safety procedures and provide necessary assistance to guests and employee in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested.
- Perform any other duty or function that may be required- there’s no such thing as “that’s not my job” here.
- Preference will be given to DC, Ward One residents.
- Schedule- Must be available for a flexible schedule including AM, PM and Mid Shifts, Weekends and Holidays.
- Education: High-School Graduate or GED. College education preferred
- Experience and Skills:
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English language.
- Previous customer service, hotel, and/or related experience helpful.
- Bi/Multi-Lingual a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to handle a large volume of guest interactions in an efficient and courteous manner;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet
- Work well under pressure, requires being a team player.