Executive or Administrative Assistant, part time
Company: Washington English Center
Date Posted: 01/2/2018
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Description: Executive or Administrative Assistant, part time
Job Purpose: Perform administrative tasks and provide support to the executive director to help with donor fund raising, Board of Directors interaction and school operations.
Job Duties: (in priority order)
DONOR FUND RAISING
- Provide significant administrative support for annual Spring Benefit, including correspondence, sponsor interaction, event program, attendance, etc.
- Assist with data entry and updates in master lists or database
- Generate “thank-you” letters using quality control checks
- Assist with stock transfer process
BOARD OF DIRECTORS INTERACTION
- Help reproduce and update board meeting materials
- Help reproduce, update and distribute board membership lists, term limit lists, committees, and other Dropbox items
- Provide administrative support for board orientation sessions
- Update and distribute board member binders
OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Assist with periodic updates of DC and MD licenses, certificates, OTR, DCRA, DUNS and SAMS
- Provide office clerical support by typing correspondence and preparing mailings for outreach
- Prepare conference room for meetings, coordinate refreshments, if necessary, and clean-up afterwards
- Assist with mail and post office supplies
- Coordinate and assist with the agenda for a bi-weekly staff meeting
- Assist with expenditure reports, deposits, and vendor invoice files and contact business cards
- Provide support for human resources tasks including paper work for DC Wage Theft Act, ACA, FSLA (if unblocked), MD and DC Worker’s Compensation rates, and insurance policies, as necessary
- Assist with staff vacation and sick leave logs
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Schedule appointments and notifications for events; trainings; appointments and board, committee and staff meetings in the shared calendar
- Assist with paper filing and scanning/e-filing of grant correspondence
- Assure and assist in timely filing of grant applications
- Assist with grant status updates
- Strong computer skills with experience using MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, databases such as DonorPerfect a plus
- Have at least two years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Have ability to work part time, morning/afternoon hours, some weekends
- Maintain confidentiality with personal information
- Have strong customer service and phone skills
- Have professional and courteous attitude to co-workers and students
- Have willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers with other duties as required
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently after instruction
- Speak Spanish or another official DC language preferred, but not required.
Candidates should send their resume to Operations@WashingtonEnglish.org as soon as possible. We plan to fill this position in January 2018.