Company: Washington English Center
Date Posted: 02/05/2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Washington English Center (WEC) offers affordable English classes and other workforce programs to low-income adult immigrants in the Greater DC area, taught by a corps of 350 trained volunteer teachers. Last year over 1,600 students from 100 countries participated in our programs, held in our conveniently located classrooms and offices close to Dupont Circle. WEC is currently seeking a new team member to manage our office and donor database. If you want to get involved with a trusted and effective community-based nonprofit organization serving the diverse, international community in the DC area, apply today! More information: www.washingtonenglish.org.
Job Purpose and Duties:
WEC’s Operations Manager will provide internal operations support to the Executive Director and Accountant. He/she will be responsible for overall office administration. Job responsibilities include: update and manage WEC’s fundraising database and assist with campaigns and events, provide bookkeeping support, coordinate HR and all scheduling for WEC’s staff of 10, manage procurement, maintain all corporate certifications and licenses, manage staff calendars and assist with communications to WEC’s Board of Directors.
DONOR DATABASE AND DONATIONS
- Conduct data entry, contact, and donation updates
- Generate reports using online database for accountant
- Manage, update and use database features for donation campaigns
- Provide significant administrative support for annual appeal and Spring Benefit including correspondence, procurement, sponsor interaction, event program, and attendance
- Monitor and generate donor correspondence
- Manage offices supply procurement, online accounts and inventory
- Make check deposits, manage paper and online files, and bank statements for accountant
- Prepare and monitor vendor invoices and payments
- Conduct paper filing and scanning/e-filing of correspondence, organization and audit-related files
- Manage updates of DC and MD licenses, certificates, DCRA, DUNS and SAMS, liability insurance accounts
- Provide office clerical support
- Preparing correspondence and mailings for partner organizations each term
BOARD OF DIRECTORS INTERACTION
- Help create, set up, reproduce and update board materials and reports for meetings
- Provide administrative support for board orientation sessions
- Create, update and distribute board member binders
- Prepare conference room for meetings, coordinate A/V and refreshments, as necessary
- Monitor and update staff vacation and sick leave logs, coordinate leave schedules and related staffing needs, and monitor and collect time sheets for part-time staff.
- Provide support for human resources tasks including paperwork and forms to comply with state regulations, and personnel files, as necessary
- Coordinate the agenda for a bi-weekly staff meeting
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Schedule appointments and notifications for events; trainings; appointments and board, committee and staff meetings in the shared calendar
- Strong computer skills with experience using online databases, MS Office products, especially Excel spreadsheets, Google suites and shared calendar. Familiar with Quickbooks. Knowledge of Network for Good or similar database product.
- Have at least three years of experience as an office manager
- Past employment experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized and work independently
- Maintain confidentiality with personal information
- Solid customer service, team work, and phone skills
- Speak Spanish or another official DC language preferred
Flexible work schedule - 30 hours/week to full-time 40 hours/week. Candidates should send their cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. Washington English Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.