Promoting trade among the Americans
In November 2014, GWHCC launched the “Promoting Trade Among the Americas” initiative to promote and encourage the use of existing trade agreements between the U.S. and Latin America. As part of the initiative, the Chamber hosted its first International Symposium on March 25, 2015. GWHCC currently has 25 international members from Latin America.
Diplomatic and Trade Missions
Joined by community leaders, partners, and representatives of the Washington region, GWHCC leads exploratory and business trade missions to countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with the means of cultivating a Sister City relationship and promoting tourism to the District. One of the biggest trade missions in which GWHCC was Cuba. Together, we have worked alongside Cuba, El Salvador, Puerto Rico and Nicole our president, went to Dubai for a Trade Mission.
The Embassy Dinner Series is the Chamber’s preeminent private event, honoring highprofile
leaders from international countries around the world, who have dedicated their lives to service in international trade and commercial affairs with the business community in the DC Metropolitan region. Join us in our next Embassy dinner, on February 10th, 2023.
International Business Resources
GWHCC is supportive of efforts by the Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) as it seeks to develop trade relationships with countries around the world. These efforts are already attracting foreign investment and businesses to DC to further diversify our economic base.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development
- Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (ExportDC)
- Executive Office of the Mayor, Office of the Secretary
- Washington International Trade Association (WITA)
- Washington Network Group (WNG)
- 2020 Green Book – FY20 Small Business Enterprise (SBE)Opportunity Guide
- U.S. Department of State
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The World Health Organization
- International Association for Medical Assistance to Travellers (IAMAT)