Making the most out of your Membership
As a business support and networking organization, it is GWHCC’s goal to provide members with quality opportunities to grow their business and expand their network of contacts. As is the case with any membership organization, the more active a business is in the Chamber’s activities, the greater the potential for business growth. Below are a few suggestions of ways in which you can begin to enjoy the full benefits of membership with GWHCC:
- PARTICIPATE. Actively participate in Chamber events and take advantage of the numerous opportunities to grow your contacts, promote your business, and learn about relevant business opportunities.
- STAY UP-TO-DATE. Read our BizNews and periodically check our website to keep abreast of upcoming events, special business opportunities for Chamber members, and business-related news.
- USE RESOURCES. Take advantage of the wealth of free essential business information, including resource guides, one-on-one counseling sessions and educational seminars by contacting the Business Development Department.
- GET VISIBILITY. Consider advertising your business in our monthly e-newsletter or on our webpage, which collectively reach thousands of members and contacts.
- JOIN OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM. Join an advisory committee and take a hands-on role in helping to shape the future of the Chamber. Opportunities are also available on our various committees and Board of Directors.
- SPONSOR. Inquire about event sponsorship opportunities, which allow your business to increase its brand awareness, promote its products and services, and network with a target audience.
- GET INVOLVED. Take advantage of our many opportunity-rich programs, including our Advocacy, B2B Connections, Capacity Building, International Trade, and Workforce Development programs.
GWHCC offers individuals, small businesses, nonprofits, business associations, and other interested parties the opportunity to become members of one of the most respected and longstanding Hispanic chambers of commerce in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Basic membership benefits include, but are not limited to:
- A complete online listing of current GWHCC members and their contact information, accessible to only GWHCC members.
- Access to and involvement with Hispanic and other minority communities in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
- Advertising opportunities at a variety of special events, programs, and workshops, or on our webpage and the BizNews, and at our annual fundraising Gala and Minority Business Expo.
- Networking opportunities with our members, partner organizations, associations, corporations, local and federal government agencies.
- “BizNews” is our monthly newsletter featuring regional business news, relevant business opportunities, upcoming educational seminars, upcoming special and cultural events, and a listing of the Chamber’s newest and renewing members.
- Discounted and/or waived fees for events organized or sponsored by the Chamber.
- One-on-one technical assistance for your business at a discounted rate or free.
- Access to a variety of free information an educational seminars on how to start and grow a business, government contracting, financial resources, minority business certification, business planning, and representation with partnering organizations throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- Access to capital and small business programs through our member banks, financial institutions, corporate sponsors, the US Small Business Administration and the federal government.
- Customer referrals to your business by the Chamber.
- Representation and government advocacy each time the Chamber lobbies for issues affecting small businesses.
- Post internship opportunities at no cost through our partnership with Internships.com. As a Chamber member you can do the following for free:
- Post your internship opportunities
- Manage applicants with an intuitive interface
- Proactively recruit students using an extensive resume database
- Access exclusive resources, help a new internship program, or optimize your current one.
Partnership with the Metro DC Hispanic Contractors Association
The Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with the Metro DC Hispanic Contractors Association (Metro DCHCA)! Our members receive a 20% discount on their membership with Metro DCHCA.